Sunday, November 20, 2011

more distraction.....

I made 32 flying geese to use in the zombie border. 
Jacob was over this afternoon. He wants the geese to go in a circle around the quilt. So there will be 7 on the top and bottom and 9 on each side. Then each side will get filled in with one of the orange fabrics.

I also worked on something else today......

When my mom was here she said, "I like your fabric postcards the best."

hmmmmm....I wasn't planning on making any out of fabric.

But there I was at the kitchen table this morning.



I had the background sewn up with some check fabric inserted in there. 
Then I spent time tracing and cutting and pressing the heat-n-bond to fabric. Things went rather  quickly.

This is what they look like. The snowman came from a book of patterns called
Holiday Whimsies by Trena Hegdahl
They are all quilted, button eyes sewn on and the words "warm wishes" is stamped on the side.
Won't be long and they will be postcards!





7 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Julie: i tried to respond to the comment you left over at Unruly quilting, but you're a no-reply blogger. I'm happy to send you some word fabric. wanna trade me for one of those great postcards?

Karen H said...

It looks like it was a productive day! I found the Santa postcard you sent me last Christmas... I think I need a snowman to go with it..... :)

I love the orange flying geese!

Millie said...

Love the idea of the orange flying geese. I admire your patience with them.

Sharon said...

I think those flying geese will be great!

And I love your snowman postcard! You have a lot of patience to do all of that. Don't know if I could manage more than one.

Ginny said...

Your postcards are the greatest! I love this snowman.

Browndirtcottage said...

What's this???? A post? Says it was posted 2 days ago?? How did I miss it???

Oh YUM...ORANGE.GEESE.I.LOVE.

I was wondering today as I worked on my Block Lotto blocks whether you were at school or getting to be home sewing OR MAKING POSTCARDS!!! And here you are making THE CUTEST postcards indeed!! I love their little rosy cheeks!

Anonymous said...

Very cute postman! I could see that setting in a quilt, too.