I went shopping yesterday and bought some nice lime green marble fabric to use on the border of Zoe's quilt. The shop owner was pulling all kinds of bolts off the shelves and this is the one I fell in love with.
After I left, I remembered something.....
I had thought about adding some black and white check for an inner border. So off I went to the other quilt shop. What I really, really, wanted was a black and white stripe about 1 inch wide. They didn't have anything like that. I did find a checkered fabric......
I think having 3 rows of checks showing made it look like NASCAR, and more boyish.
The 2 rows of checks showing looks more girlish. I like it better. It would finish just shy of 1 inch.
I haven't decided yet.
I got more cool mail from my sister......
The outside was more Easter things.
But the inside, well that was the best part.....
She put the sweetest message inside.....
(I am the oldest)
I have the best little sisters!
(I need to make that plural, Mom had 6 of us girls)
And last, but not least.....
The penguin quilt! The backing is pretty wild for me....but the colors are so close to the front of it.
I had to use it!!
The binding is on and completely done!!
That is what I did today!
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing! Happy Easter!
yay, I love that checked border and the lime - fun!
WOW.....you were a GOOD lil quilter and made such GOOD quilty decisions. I can't wait to see this top all finished with the lime around it....KAPOW! I like it with the 2 rows, I think it will look closer to being a 1 inch stripe when it's sewn on.....AND THAT PENQUIN QUILT!!! Crazy over the backing you used...I.LIKE.
I love this quilt, actually, both of them! Great bordery choices!
Ooohhh, I love the back of the penguin quilt - I love wild backings!
Post a Comment