Saturday, July 9, 2011

postcards from cereal boxes & magazines.....


The library wanted to do something fun and different. They asked me about doing something with scrap booking. I told them I was having more fun making postcards using cut up cereal boxes and magazines.


They didn't really understand....couldn't picture such a thing.


So I made some samples. 
Yes.... this would be cool to do. A date was picked.

Today was the day to make them at the library.

Two ladies were there waiting for me. When the one found out it wasn't postcards that involved sewing......

well.....

she left.

That left two of us, we got busy cutting tearing and gluing it all down with mod podge. Ann made one and I made two more.


Then 5 girls came in. They were ages 8-11. They really got into it.


Two of them were sisters. They argued. The older one said the younger one couldn't do puppies and use the word 'love' because it was her idea.


 Younger sister was a little worried. I told it didn't matter who's idea it was, she could make one too.
& that is exactly what she did.
Another one wanted to know if she could make hers into a book. She had made 5 of them.
Yes, that would be fun.
She called it 'funky people'


We need to do it again. The librarian working today wants to play next time. Plus, we didn't even make a dent in the pile of old magazines the library had on hand.




5 comments:

Helen said...

How fun!!

The woman who left, well, she missed a fun time!

Thanks for sharing.

roadtrip*treasures said...

It was fun! We'll have to do it again!

Browndirtcottage said...

COOL!! I would have come and stayed...I wouldn't have fussed or fought with others...I would have played nice and said 'please' and
'thank you'!

Sharon said...

Oooo, I'd like to come play with you too! That looks like so much fun, and the finished product is awesome!
That lady that left didn't know how much fun she'd miss - hee hee!

Vesuviusmama said...

Um, I think I am "stealing" your idea to do with my new Tiger Cub Scouts this year!