Saturday, September 17, 2011

I finally remembered to grab the camera out of the car.....


The camera has been going to school with Crispy for a photography class. I finally grabbed it out of the car this morning to take a few pictures. I went outside with blocks and a quilt top. My first attempt with the blocks didn't go so well. Rather breezy.


This has got to be one of my all time FAVORITE blocks to make. It is a Bonnie K. Hunter quilt pattern. (click here) The link goes to the pattern. I sewed strips together on Monday. On Tuesday I put one block together, but it was wrong. Took it apart and redid it. On Wednesday, I had all afternoon to sew. I was surprised when my count was..... 12 blocks.


iheart flowers has a border on it. I loved the way it looked in the quilt store on the floor with this fabric surrounding it. But after I had it sewn on, I wasn't so sure. I thought about cutting it down and adding more black....then when it was laid out for the picture, I didn't think it was that bad. Black binding and it should be okay.

 There is even a farmer flower, since it going to a retired farmer and his wife.

There were freeze warnings last Wednesday night. It really feels like fall. The sunflowers are still working their magic. 

The barn swallows must have split. In August they start sitting and gathering on the electrical wires. They start with about a dozen....By early September there are about 4 dozen lined up...squawking and talkin' away at each other.....and then they are gone.



Well, good bye camera. Be good at school!


10 comments:

Ginny said...

I love the scrappy trip around the world. Thanks for posting the link. I'm going to put it on my list of quilts to make someday!

~Niki~ said...

oh scrappy quilts are the best! that is awesome. i'm gonna check out that link.

Tonya Ricucci said...

glad you snagged the camera. love that TAW!

Karen H said...

Love the trip around the world. Tell Tractor Joe it's not too busy... it's perfect!

Michelle said...

Those are going to be great quilts. I love the colors in your trip around the world. I'm working on one for my son and spend almost as much time ripping things out as sewing.

Kim said...

Nice projects.....can't beat Bonnie's scrappy patterns for fast and fun!
Isn't digital just the best!

Happy sewing

Sharon said...

I love your TAW! Bright, cheery colors. And I agree . . . it's one of my fave patterns too. I'm working on my third one now!

We were fall-like today too. I don't think I'm quite ready, but the weather isn't listening to me.

Browndirtcottage said...

I wish all you bloggy gals would STOP IT with all these cute scrappy projects!!!! I'm TRYING to finish up some older projects AND YOU ALL are just doing your best to TEMPT me into starting ANOTHER ONE!!!! NOPE, I'm NOT gonna fall for the temptation!!!

I do LOVE your "i heart flowers"! I think your border color lends to a manly look!!

Vesuviusmama said...

Why have I never made a scrappy trip quilt - that is totally right up my alley!

Tanya said...

You are making more beautiful things! That Scrappy Around the World is gorgeous! And I'd love to try making flowers someday too. I can't keep up with you!