This month for block lotto we are making scrappy trip around the world blocks. (November guidelines)
All the blocks must have black or very dark fabric going up the center diagonal.
OOPS....didn't quite get the dark in the center.
Try again......
the next one will work out right....
OOPS again....not even close.
I am in the middle of making my own scrappy trip around the world quilt.
So I was sort of happy, two more blocks for my pile.
But I really wanted some for the block lotto.
I figured out where I was going wrong and managed to make 6 blocks.
My sister, Jane, and my Mom were down for the weekend. Jane had ALL KINDS of artsy fartsy stuff she wanted to work on. All we managed to finish were two postcards....
I laughed when I saw this. Who will get it???? She didn't say.....She just continued to glue things down,
and giggle.
When she was leaving, I told her "wait, I need a picture of your card."
She pointed to the fridge. She had stuck it there.
The card was for me.
Yesterday, I had laid down on the couch and was having a hard time getting up off the couch when she arrived here. I was suffering from can't-get-off-the-couch-itis.
Haha.
My little niece, Madison or MJW, started a blog. She is 7, I think. One day she showed how to draw a simple coffee cup. This is my "wishing you luck" card for her. Her drawing inspired me!
All the blocks must have black or very dark fabric going up the center diagonal.
OOPS....didn't quite get the dark in the center.
Try again......
the next one will work out right....
OOPS again....not even close.
I am in the middle of making my own scrappy trip around the world quilt.
So I was sort of happy, two more blocks for my pile.
But I really wanted some for the block lotto.
I figured out where I was going wrong and managed to make 6 blocks.
I laughed when I saw this. Who will get it???? She didn't say.....She just continued to glue things down,
and giggle.
When she was leaving, I told her "wait, I need a picture of your card."
She pointed to the fridge. She had stuck it there.
The card was for me.
Yesterday, I had laid down on the couch and was having a hard time getting up off the couch when she arrived here. I was suffering from can't-get-off-the-couch-itis.
Haha.
My little niece, Madison or MJW, started a blog. She is 7, I think. One day she showed how to draw a simple coffee cup. This is my "wishing you luck" card for her. Her drawing inspired me!
5 comments:
The block lotto blocks look good! And I love the postcard..... can't get out of bed itis...Looks like it was a fun weekend!
The Many Scrappy Trips Block is a big favorite in my house. It seems impossible for me to stop making these blocks!! Since 2009 I have been undertaking a prolonged study in the humble square.... Many thanks are in order to Bonnie of Quiltville for all the happy hours playing with this block.
Now I know what my main ailment is called.....CAN'T GET OUT OF BED ITIS..... hope it's covered by my insurance!!!
OH WAH....I read through the instructions for these blocks...I thought they would be easy...now I'm scared!!
Oh I can get out of the bed itis...I go from there to the couch a rest em up us!!!
WE love your quilts
I want to make a trip around the world. I called myself making a scrappy rag one out of flannel, but so far, I'm not liking the way it looks. I guess I'll sit on it a while. Great postcards.
Post a Comment