Yesterday, I sewed groups of 4 block together. That gave me 9 sections.
This morning I laid them out on the bed right over the cat.
She moved a little and stuck her head out.
Her name is Pearl. She didn't seem to worried about anything going on around her. I moved sections around here and there. I didn't want same color families touching.
I got tired of doing that. There was always one some where...so I took a step back and looked at the big picture.
It was declared it perfect, and I started sewing these together like one giant 9-patch.
In no time at all I had a quilt top. It won't get a border. Lately I like quilts that don't have borders.
I gave it all one good pressing and folded it up. It is ready to go to the quilter!
Pattern source... (here at Quiltville)
When I was working at getting this link in here, I ended up looking around at other patterns. Here is another pattern I adore...(random ohio stars). Maybe some day I will actually work on one of these. For now I have plenty of other projects that need my attention.
10 comments:
Whoo hoo! It looks fantastic! You've got some fun fabrics in there. I love it!
Pearl cracks me up - what a cat!
FYI: You might want to do a quick stay-stitch around the outside of the quilt to keep any stretching/unsewing from occurring. The quilter needs to stretch it pretty tight getting it on the machine, and some of those edges can come undone.
Oh, I love those Random Ohio Stars too. It's on my Bucket List...which keeps getting longer and longer. *sigh*
I love it. I can't wait to see it all quilted! The random Ohio Stars looks neat. You need to check out Bonnie's "Sister's Choice". It's one I definitely want to make.
I love that random Ohio star! Very cute. And I love your quilt top and all of its scrapiness! So beautiful. Happy Easter to you.
xo
It looks fabulous! I'm just sewing the binding on mine---it's such a satisfying quilt to make.
¡Oh how BEAUTIFUL!!! I love yours - so many wonderful colors - very exciting!!! And kitties and quilts are such a great combo!! My new baby kitty is such a GOOD quilter!! JA JA JA!!! I have to be very careful when I rotary cut...YIKES!!!
Love all the vibrant colors. Happy Easter!
Oh, it is so beautiful! GREAT JOB!!! I want one!!!
Awesome! I still just have 3 blocks done...
It's gorgeous!
Cool.....see, yours doesn't look like mine. I see some orange in yours and I don't think mine has any (or much)!
I think the dark strip down the middle of mine makes mine look darker, but I like it!
Crazy kitty!!!
Post a Comment