I won these last summer at Block Lotto.
I received one black background block. That one gave me the idea to do a layout this way. I made more black blocks. I am short two yet. They are cut and ready to sew and should be done later today. The setting triangles will be plain black around the edge.
So far I am loving this. I am thinking it will be a wedding gift...but I keep changing my mind. I also would love to keep it!
I was also sewing these together. They are this months block at
They were simple enough to put together and made the limit of 9.
There is a block exchange at the Blue Earth Valley Quilt Guild.
There are 12 of us. The guidelines are...
(the word "rule" is too harsh for them)
make 2 different 7 1/2 finished blocks using the same gray background and a solid color.
Any block we wanted.
We each picked our color. I used lavender. The choices were getting pretty slim by the time I chose a color to use.
The exchange group is also making the raffle quilt for the 2016 MN Quilt Guild Show.
I think it will be in St. Cloud that year.
Then is was 13 blocks to make instead of 12.
It seemed to take forever to get the top block done 13 times,
My choice for the second block went super simple.
I am looking forward to the group exchange. Right now it is set for January, but if everyone is finished earlier, we will exchange sooner.
I can't wait to see all the blocks together.
7 comments:
LOVE the addition of the black blocks in that top quilt . . . I would be torn about giving it away, too!
You are making some pretty, pretty stuff! (Again!)
It's a woman's right to change her mind..........Love that an Iowa girl is working on the Minnesota Guild raffle quilt.
The black blocks make everything pop–what a smart cookie you are to think to add them.
Oh, I LIKE what the addition of the black blocks does for the spokes blocks! You are so clever!
My Block Lotto pieces are cut - just need to sit and sew now. These are fun easy blocks. Love your color choices!
Your group is making the MQ Raffle quilt?? Wow, I'm impressed. How do they decide who'll make it? I've always wondered. Maybe I'll win your quilt!
DANG…when did you do this post?!!
I'm such a slacker these days……….
I like everything I see here!!
Post a Comment