Thursday, June 4, 2015

Honey, I shrunk the parents.....


We had a wedding last weekend. It was down in Davenport, Iowa. Well actually the wedding was in Illinois, but the reception was in Iowa. We crossed the Mississippi a couple times.
Anyway we stopped for photo opportunities. 


So, the wedding is over, but the gift is not done yet. I won the April blocks at Block Lotto. They are green to blue in color. I decided these would make a great wedding quilt. At the wedding all the bridesmaids were in blue dresses. It was meant to be!


I am adding a 2 1/2 inch strip to two sides of each block. The stars dance around on the quilt.
I am putting this at the top of the list of things to finish.


These are June's blocks at Block Lotto! 





6 comments:

sophie said...

I think those star blocks are going to make a great wedding quilt. About your trip, I have only one question ... how do you get INTO those giant chairs? They look pretty high off the ground. (I still like the idea of photographing a bed quilt in one of them so that it looks like a miniature/doll quilt ;-)

Sharon said...

Love your photos! I'm with Sophie - how do you get into those chairs??

I think that 'future birthplace' marker is a hoot!

Wow, love your stars! I was actually thinking of doing that 'strips on two sides' thing with some wonky stars that I won from BL a few years ago, but they're sitting and waiting for me still.

Love your blocks for BL for this month. Mine are in-process now. Changed my mind about the fabric once already. :) I had picked out some too-dark blues, and decided that probably wouldn't work so well with the black strips, so I changed to some lighter blues.

Mary said...

The stars for the wedding quilt are so pretty. It will make a great quilt.
Love your photos. It is always fun to take pictures of the fun and funky out there.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The photos are awesome! And the idea of photographing a full size quilt so it looks like a mini would be a blast.

Love what you are doing for the wedding quilt.

Karen H said...

The wedding quilt is going to be awesome! And a quilt on the big chair would be such a great photo.....

Carol E. said...

I love that Future Birthplace monument! How clever!