Sunday, April 10, 2011

baby name and green grass......


It is slow going with this baby quilt. I have her name....I am not sure I like the dark pinks in it. I went with what I had.... and this is what I ended up with.


I have some butterflies from last summer and the wonky flowers.
Just need to make it all come together.

It is finally getting green here. 




We had storms go through last night. Lots of wind and rain. No major damage here, but it seems that the grass got a whole lot greener since yesterday!!





10 comments:

Amy said...

I love it!! the dark is real nice, for contrast.

Erika Jean said...

I think the darks look good when you view it as a whole ;-) very cute.

Karen H said...

They look nice - I vote for keeping the dark pink. I was just thinking this morning how nice and green everything looks since it rained... great minds think alike... :)

Sharon said...

I like the dark pink too. It makes for more interest and good contrast. If you went with all lights, it might be too washed out. This is gonna be a fabulous baby quilt! Good luck getting it together. . .I think that's the hard part too!

We're just starting to get some green on the trees around here. Now if it would just get a little warmer!

Amy said...

I am giving you a stylish blogger award

Chris said...

I'm another vote for keeping the dark pink. I think it adds some nice depth to the words. I can't wait to see this one all together. What a great start you have.

Wendy said...

I love it! And my daughter's name is Genevieve, so maybe I'm partial. But I think the dark pinks are lovely.

Tonya Ricucci said...

really really cute - woohoo! and hurrah for all the green too!

Heidi said...

this will be a perfect baby quilt !

Heidi said...

tried to mail you, but it bounced back ?