This month it is Clover flowers at Block Lotto (the picky)
I was working two things at once....the clover flower heads, which needed to be exact
and then wonky flowers, that didn't need to be exact.
My wonky's were based on these free-pieced flowers (the not so picky)
Mine don't exactly look like the example, but close enough.
It is putting the centers in that help them say flower. These are going to be in a baby quilt.
They all look like this yet.
But the block lotto flowers are done.
I can rest easy with block lotto for the rest of the month.
I couldn't decide on what colors to use for sewing letters to make the name on the baby girl quilt.
Then I remembered.....
The Quilted Forest, in Forest City, sells cotton candy packages of precut 2 1/2" strips. A few years ago I bought the pink one. I had no plan for them, but they were pretty.
These will be perfect for the letters in the baby girl quilt.
2 1/2 can be cut in half....1 1/4" strips
or
1 1/2 & 1" strips....the size cuts I most often use for wonky letters!
I don't know if I will get to sewing letters today or not, but the fabric is ready to go.
3 comments:
So nice to see flowers! Ths sun is shining here, but it has been COLD!!! Lovely blocks!
I like your free pieced flowers.....and you are being sooo
efficient...already having your BLOCK LOTTO clovers done! COOL!
Great to see the pretty spring colors...do you sew day and night, you get so much done!
Post a Comment