Tuesday, July 26, 2011

town celebration......


Last weekend was our yearly town celebration. Clara Mayland was the grand marshal for the parade. Instead of making the sign with paint, I made her a wall hanging as a memento. I did some unscientific polls on how to spell marshal. So many said "LL" that I left the spelling alone. I hope it is hanging in the Care Center now. (where she lives)

Tractor joe, his two brothers, two nephews, and a friend were also in the parade.


They drove their beloved Oliver tractors.....


I was very busy picking up candy, so I missed the first one to go by.
I only have 5 Oliver pictures.



It will make tractor joe happy to have the Olivers in the blog.


just a one more.....


They needed posters for the parade too.
I borrowed a Cricut to cut out the letters for them.


And last, but not least, I made one small wall hanging to put in the auction.
It is from American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine. (June 2011)


They bundled it with some other stuff in a basket. I think the basket went for $70.00.

On Saturday morning I was on the "set up" crew for a noon meal at the park. Before I went there, I dropped off my lawn chair at Karen's. I left it by the curb and started walking back to the car.
I was thinking....I don't want to be late
how long will it take?
I needed to watch inflatable toys at 12:30
will I have time to eat?
what time will they start serving?

I got back to the car, opened the door, got in, and shut the door...
something didn't feel right
things seemed strange....
where was my steering wheel?

OMG!

I was sitting in the back seat!

Has this ever happened to you? 
I did have time to eat, they were serving steak sandwiches, potato salad, beans, chips and a cookie. There was lemonade to wash it all down. Yummy!









5 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love a parade! Great wall hangings.

Karen H said...

I'll bet the "grand marshall" wall hanging is up at the Care Center... it was a fun day!

Browndirtcottage said...

Ok, I see you didn't share how you fixed the 'L' ordeal in 'marshall'!

And don't you know they throw that candy for THE KIDS!!!!

....LOLOLOL, crazy woman, no, but I HAVE gotten into someone elses car thinking it was mine!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

d'oh on the sitting in the backseat. Glad to know I'm not the only one getting goofier... Quilt is so much fun - glad you didn't futz with it.

Vesuviusmama said...

Giggling at you getting in e backseat! Yesterday I got not someone else's car - same color, make, and model, same karate bags in the back. Turns out, it was the woman I had just spent half an hour talking to at the pool!