Gwen's daughter Lauren is going to college in Forest City. Only 20 or so miles from here. We had her out here for the weekend. She helped me paint some outside buildings!
Then we were in the kitchen making postcards for her Mom. I had to wait until they arrived in New Mexico to post them......
This one is Lauren's, her dorm building is named London Hall. I know this one made it.
Mine is a no show, so far.....I'll show it here anyway.
We painted the background on these. (used yellow, red and orange acrylics and a sponge) I had a book of Iowa artists, the girl is from a painting by John Kacere. We also used Walgreens ad. We didn't need to find letters....I have a pile of them cut and ready to go. All we had to do was brush on the mod podge & stick the letters down.
Monday morning I took an X-box magazine and started ripping out pages...
and then I started cutting out images, or leaving them whole if they were big enough for the backgrounds.
I ended up making 9 of them. They will be birthday cards for nephews and sons who have birthdays this fall.
Here is a close-up...Keep calm & kill zombies....
The font is the smallest font I have ever seen in a magazine, teeny tiny....obviously written for a much younger crowd. It was good for stamping the words. These were fun to make, and the first one was mailed today! I hope it makes it.
Then we were in the kitchen making postcards for her Mom. I had to wait until they arrived in New Mexico to post them......
This one is Lauren's, her dorm building is named London Hall. I know this one made it.
Mine is a no show, so far.....I'll show it here anyway.
We painted the background on these. (used yellow, red and orange acrylics and a sponge) I had a book of Iowa artists, the girl is from a painting by John Kacere. We also used Walgreens ad. We didn't need to find letters....I have a pile of them cut and ready to go. All we had to do was brush on the mod podge & stick the letters down.
Monday morning I took an X-box magazine and started ripping out pages...
I ended up making 9 of them. They will be birthday cards for nephews and sons who have birthdays this fall.
Here is a close-up...Keep calm & kill zombies....
8 comments:
The wine card got here yesterday. The beautiful lady looks just like me - and I often have time to spend lounging just like her - especially after a glass or two of vino!
Oh, and thank you! We LOVE getting mail when it comes from you!
Those are beautiful!
If you are on Postcrossing.com you should join us in the Handmade RR swap ;-)
You make such beautiful cards!
I love the one in the top left corner...I think Zach would like it...
Very cool cards!
Too darn COOL for the manly/male type people!!
(((You and I are sending Block Lotto blocks to the very same 2 ladies)))
Keep calm and kill zombies? I'll have to show those to my daughter --she'd love them almost as much as I do!
Pre-cut letters - what a GREAT idea! I hadn't thought of that, but that would be really helpful with the Cub Scouts. These are wonderful!
Post a Comment