Wednesday, November 9, 2011

the quilt show here in town.....



The gym was full of quilts last Saturday. Big, small, old and new. 
When I went to collect my quilts back, I quick took some pictures.
I am not sure who owns this one.
It reminds me of my grandma. It is tied the way hers were. I never liked the bumpiness of them when I was going to bed at her house. I didn't like the embroidered pillow cases either. That bumpiness on the edge would bug me.... 
but it sure is pretty!


This one is really old. It belongs to a friend of mine. She says her great grandma made it.


There were four ladies sitting and waiting for the quilts to come down, so they could take theirs home.



I walked around grabbing pictures of different quilts laying in the bleachers.


I know this one is Karen's. It is the only one I got a picture of. She had more there, I could kick myself. I didn't get a picture of my favorite one. Dang.

This one and the next one are mine. It was made for tractor joe to hang out in his men's crisis center. (the fixed up hog house or shed)

I have never shown this one finished on the blog. It sat with no binding for a LONG time.


I know Doris made this one.....

and this one. She makes all bed size quilts.
She doesn't "mess with that little sh*t"....(wall hangings)

This still isn't a nice picture of my geocaching quilt. I miss my clothes line.
At least you can see my colorful striped binding.


8 comments:

Karen H said...

oh, nice quilt pictures. Who does the butterfly quilt belong to? It looks like something my grandmother made.

Vesuviusmama said...

I still adore your geocaching quilt. I'd never seen your other two before, but they are great, too.

Sharon said...

Thanks for the great quilt show! I think your geocaching quilt is simply fabulous! Really, I love it. I like your other quilts too - I'd never seen them before. Your letters look so good!

Browndirtcottage said...

Now were these quilts all from your little town? If so, you have quite a few quilters you could 'hang out' with.....if you so choooozed!

My favorite is still the geocaching
one and yes, I noticed the binding right away!!

Clare said...

Well that's that then! Us UnRuly Quilters are unanimous. Geocaching wins hands down!

Thanks for your lovely words about Family Trees and I'm honoured that it inspired you.

Tonya Ricucci said...

that geocaching is sooo fabulous! and the beer made me laugh. love the letters on love etc!

Tanya said...

I love that laugh love live quilt!

Em said...

You are so talented!!!!!!! And of course I laughed out loud and fell in love with the BEER quilt!