Saturday, December 24, 2011

made by others....


My sister made me a postcard for Christmas. I loved the way she cut the pictures to make the letters in the words claws. After she finished it she thought...wait, we think of cats as having claws, not dogs, oh well.
It is just way to cute.

This quilt was made by a mom who has a visually impaired son. She collected fabrics that all felt different. He may not see all the colors, but he will feel all the variety.


Lots of different textures.....


...including some white fur fabric. 
She said there were pieces of white fur flying around for days after she cut and sewed it in. I think she also said this was the first and last time she will use fur in a quilt.
Famous last words.

One of my goals today......rig up some wire outside, hang quilts and take pictures of my quilted presents. 
They need to be wrapped for Christmas Eve gift opening.
Now is not the time to dilly-dally. I am off to find the hammer and a couple nails.
& clothes pins...
where did I put the clothes pins?



No comments: