I remembered a wall quilt I did last summer. I was just going to make some letters and send them to California for Gwen to use....Lauren was in the FFA, (yea we were all surprised) ...anyway...
I thought...
but wait I have a bunch of scrappy little 3" ninepatches....
and she talked of getting up at dawn so Lauren could feed the sheep....
I had some paperpieced blocks that kinda looked like a sun rising....
and surely I had some sheep pattern somewhere....
and before I knew it, a small wall quilt was born.
I was showing it to Chris and a friend of his..."look what I made for Lauren, she's is in FFA in California and is raising a sheep."
The friend says,"They have sheep in California?!"
He was really surprised, I knew I had to put that on there too.
Other news....apparently I didn't sweep that well, I found a piece of broken bowl this morning.
2 comments:
HELLO...is that really you Julie?? Welcome and w-a-y to go on starting your blog!!!
I love your little FFA quilt....my daughter was in FFA too, but I wasn't into all the quilting stuff then....you are just sooo smart to come up with all these cute word quilts!!
Hope to hear from you often...I have added you to my 'daily' reads!!
How time flies! This little gem is hanging in Lauren's room on her wall as one of her "pride and joys". And isn't it funny, she just got this year's sheep on Fri. evening! She even made it out of bed on her own two (yes, two) mornings in a row at 6:30a.m. to feed. Thanks for sharing your magnificent talent! I'll be calling later for advice.
Gwen
Post a Comment