Thursday, January 13, 2011

a baby quilt....

The baby quilt with it's letters all arranged correctly to make a name!
It measures 42x48


I made a decision. I would quilt this myself. (machine)
I took my biggest chunk of batting and laid it out. 
Then I laid the quilt on top. 
So much for that idea (the batting is peeking out of the bottom)
there wasn't enough. This one is on hold a little longer.

I will move on to other things for now.

6 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilt it wonderful. Levi John Hanson will have a wonderful quilt full of color!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful quilt. I love the bright happy colors and the stars. woohoo!

Micki said...

I love your quilt...it is so cheerful!
Micki

Just Ducky said...

It is very easy to piece together left over pieces of batting to get the correct size. Just use a large zigzag stitch on your sewing machine. Once it is quilted it is twice as strong and you cannot tell the batting is pieced.

Mary

Eden said...

That darned batting!! This will look OUTSTANDING when you are through....lucky lucky recipient :D

Anonymous said...

beautiful quilt coming from Levi's Grandma. You put my basic quilts to shame. We need to get together more so you can teach me some of your techniques.