Thursday, January 27, 2011

Levi's quilt....

 My last thing to start in 2010 is the first thing finished this year. I tried something new.....
I used an iron on batting, Fairfield FUSI-BOO. It was on sale and I wondered if it would really work. It did.
After I got home I read the fine print....good for tote bags, wall hangings, garments, table runners & placemats. It didn't mention baby quilts. I gave it a go anyway....and was that ever slick. It was sorta stiff after ironing it all together. It was so easy to sew! It didn't move or shift at all. When I finished it, I threw it in the washer and dryer and it came out so soft and crinkly. Just what I wanted.


A winter baby needs a winter print for the backing.

8 comments:

Karen H said...

So cute......... Levi will love it!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a wonderful quilt for Levi. The backing is adorable.

Anonymous said...

You are way to creative. I love it and so will Levi and his mom.

Kim said...

My goodness your letters are just Terrific!

happy sewing

Tanya said...

Such a pretty quilt! I think I'll save the picture in case I want to make one like it someday for someone.

Ginny said...

Wow, I totally love this quilt!

Tonya Ricucci said...

fantastic!!!! love it love it love it!

Vesuviusmama said...

I'm so glad that I am going back to see what I've missed in my wor-induced absence because I LOVE THIS QUILT!!!