Thursday, July 28, 2011

another bunch of cards sent......

Follow up on postcards sent.....
I posted about two postcards recently.....(right here)
One went to Crispy's friend and he loved it! The other one went to my cousin who has started geocaching. She was looking for inexpensive things to do. Plus she has an iphone now and I guess it makes geocaching really easy to do.


In the comments, one person was a no-reply. I thought, I could always just send her one to see how I mail them as is. Then I thought Hey, I'll send mail to everyone who commented that day.
A surprise give away, sort of.
An old quilting catalog came in handy here. I started ripping, cutting and sticking it all down with mod podge. I put them under a heavy book to flatten them out a little.




Three were mailed yesterday on their way to Virginia, New York and Texas. I still need one more address and more stamps to mail the last two!
This was fun!


12 comments:

Jacky said...

happened upon your blog via 'fiberlicious'
Love your postcards !!! What a great idea...and yours are so colourful.
Also loving those lotto blocks.

Jacky

Erika Jean said...

Very cute! I love the colored words over the black and white print.

Browndirtcottage said...

TEXAS!!!!! OH MY...TEXAS!!! Did I really see TEXAS listed??????
.....CLAPPING!!!!......

Ok, who else do you know in Texas???

Tanya said...

OOoh... Love your postcards!!! As always you make them so colorful! They are YOU!

Sharon said...

You made them pretty! Very cute idea! I may have to go find an old quilting catalog and play with papers and glue too. You make it very tempting!

Ginny said...

My postcard just came in the mail! Thank you!! And you are right---it still looks perfect. What a wonderful surprise. (I am the NY one, if anyone is wondering.)
Am I the person who has the "no comment" on the blog? I hope not. I am pretty new to blogging, and may have the settings wrong.
Anyway, you made my day. ;-)

Nancy said...

You have been so colorfully busy! In such a good way! Love the cards, love the blocks.

Kama said...

Those are awesome. My brothers are into geocaching as well. Super cool. I'm going to have to try that out and see what I can come up with.

Karen H said...

My postcard came in the mail yesterday...... I forgot to tell you! Thank you! It is beautiful!

Vesuviusmama said...

I received my lovely card today - what a pleasant surprise! I can't wait to start making some with the boys!

Em said...

so fun so fun so fun! And I love that Vesuviusmama is above me in the comments and she got to have some cuteness from you! You are amazing and surprises are the best!!!! Happy Monday! Em

Ginny said...

I just learned out how to fix my no reply problem, thanks to another blogger who saw my post. But I guess I'm glad I had that temporary trouble, because it got me a wonderful postcard!