I finished something! It is made with Java charm packs and additional fabrics. It has been a stop and go project. I was never sure on what I would be doing with it, so it didn't get priority.
Then my brother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer. My cousin Gwen asked if I was making him a chemo quilt. I hadn't even thought about it. I remembered this half done project and decided right then and there the java quilt would be his.
I just needed to finish it.
We are going up to the cities this weekend, I'll be able to bring it along. It should look great in their family room and warm up any hospital rooms!
That dark block really stands out. If only the cat was sitting on that one! She could have hid it! Oh well.
Karen was down to Tennessee....moving her middle son back to school. I got to babysit Charlie, her dog. I never took any pictures of him.
But Karen brought me back treats! Things we don't have around here.....
The whiskey praline pecans are pretty tasty.
This is my favorite recipe in the book. But it doesn't say where one would obtain a squirrel....do you just go out and shoot one out of a tree??
4 comments:
Love the quilt! I esp. love fabric with words printed on it. I don't think I love southern fried squirrel though. lol
What a great looking quilt!!! Block Lotto patterns ROCK! That is such a great block....including the dark one!!! I think it has a manly flair to it and I'm sure he'll think so too!
How nice you had this one waiting in the wings!!!
Oh...Oh....MOON PIE!!!
I also love the quilt. It's hard to make something appropriate for a man, and I think you've done the perfect job. And I know what you mean about the darker block, because the same thing has happened to me, but I don't think it's a problem at all---it adds character and really fits in fine.
Wow, what a great "manly" quilt for your BIL. I love that pattern, and I think you did a great job. And Ginny is right about that dark block.
I think I'll pass on the squirrel, Southern-fried or otherwise, but thanks for the recipe. LOL I wouldn't mind some of those whiskey praline pecans though - Yum!
Post a Comment