Sunday, August 7, 2011

Yesterday we went to an old tractor auction. 
Lots of pretty colors.

I liked the looks of some of them.


It's the back wheels.....


I even liked this John Deere because of it's wheels.


It was this Minneapolis-Moline that had tractor joe interested and wanting to have a closer look. 
It is a pretty yellow......
Except we got there to late, this one had already sold. Some lucky person got it for $600.00.....

Then there was this adorable fixer-upper......


As we ate our lunch of maid-rites,scotcheroos and pepsi we debated. Should we bid or not? What would be our top dollar?? What would we do with it? Yard art? Fix it?
We talked ourselves out of it. It went for $525.00.....we will concentrate on finding a decent yellow Minneapolis-Moline.

I sewed some more when we got home.


I am up to 9 blocks now. I am shooting for 30. Maybe. They are turning out to be 12x12 inch trimmed blocks. It is such a mix of old, new and uglies.

6 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I want the orange tractor! Love the quilt that you're making.

Karen H said...

Well, if it's worth anything, I think you made a wise choice not to bid on the "panel truck"! I love the first picture of all the different colored tractors.

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh LOOK Mr. Brown Dirt...tractors!!! Aren't they all pretty!!!

Wow, your quilt looks different already! I like the added little b/w check you added and of course some flying geese always add to the cute factor!!!

And since I am writing this comment it's evidence I survived my outing last night!!! HA!

Ginny said...

Glad to see the flying geese are still in there. It's looking great!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I too quilt and geocache, what a small world we live in.

Sharon said...

I'm loving your version of the "Lego" quilt. I think the b&ws are brilliant, and the flying geese just add real movement and interest. It looks/sounds like fun, but I'm resisting! So far. . .