There is a small box of cherrywood fabrics that are left overs.
scraps!
I have been playing with them.
This is what I have so far.
The LOVE ones (tonya loves) are potholders and the other one
is going to be a mug rug for the table in the living room.
(or will be once I put on some binding)
other sewing......
This month's block lotto block had me thinking. What is light? What is bright?
I hope next month I won't have to think so much.
I really have 7 to enter, but I lost the picture of the first one.
I did a quick table quilt using the scraps. I used raw edge applique. Should have tried a little harder getting all the edges sewn down. The edges are sorta hairy.
Now the wood...
When we moved here, there was a table base made out of 2x4's.
Nothing special.
Tractor joe added some wood to the top and and we used it outside for the last
decade or so. But the top started cracking and falling apart.
I had visions of putting on some "new" old barn wood and painting the base black.
A table for the living room so you could put your feet up.
Tractor joe was hesitant.
"it's junk"
"in the living room?"
"it should be thrown out and burned"
But he cut, attached and sanded some of the old barn wood for the top.
I painted and stained the top.
I love how it turned out.
It is now upstairs where I can put my feet up if I want.
& I think tractor joe is glad he didn't burn it after all.
11 comments:
love what you're doing with the solids. I was thinking you were making quilt as you go blocks for a big quilt. have you ever tried that? and great table.
Love your primitive table...and great Tractor Joe helped you out!
This is proof that Tractor Joe should always take your creative advice! :o) That is such a cool table. I also love your other blocks! xo
Love all you have made, blocks and table XXX
I love the LOVE quilts! And the table is great too. You've been busy!
The table turned out great - and so did the potholders and the block lotto blocks. Whoever gets your blocks is lucky!
Ohhhh. Lovely tonya Love blocks. The colours just zing!
Glad your DH finally saw sense. Sometimes it's best that they do for the sake of sanity!
I love this different type of colorful fabrics.Thanx to share with us this great ideas.
your loves are gorgeous!!!! knew you could LOVE it you wanted to. hee hee hee. great table too.
The table is awesome!!
I love it, too! I'm glad he didn't burn it!
Post a Comment