This post doesn't have any fabric or sewing in it. This will be about what I do when I am not busy staring at fabric and wondering what to do next. (this way? that way? what color?)
This is about a free online workshop. [strathmoreartiststudio.com] The first one is doodles unleashed or some such thing.
I should have stopped at this point. It looked kinda cool. But no, I added doodles like the video showed.
These images are the before. When I finished, I was horrified by the doodling I did. It wasn't very pleasing to look at. (I never took a picture, it was late and dark outside)
So I painted over everything and started over.
I have come to the conclusion that I am not very good at doodling.
I went back to what I know, stencils and cut-up sponges to apply the paint.
I will try again, but for now I am happy with these sheets of painted paper, as they are, right now.
All of them hiding 3 different workshop attempts. The sheets are 18x24 inches.
What to do with these now??
Well,
My other latest obsession is making little books by folding paper.
Like this [8 page] or, this one that is [16 pages]...
I have used an old atlas page,
12x12 scrapbook paper, (they are the tall skinny ones)
18x24 makes the garden/love size with 16 pages
my paycheck deposit sheet, (the little white one)
and brown packing paper.
Plus several at school using unclaimed painted paper.
I think the workshop papers will be very happy becoming little books.
4 comments:
Cool paintings! I like it when people post about other creative things they do in addition to sewing/quilting. :o)
Beautiful - these would make beautiful fabric.
It's so much fun to see what you're up to! As usual, it's something interesting.
It look really great paintings.This type of paintings use to stitch on the wall.It look really wonderful.
Post a Comment