Saturday, August 18, 2012

next day....


Okay, it is a top ready to quilt. Now I need to go find some batting and backing.
Then later on today, I may be out painting. That is my plan anyway.


Tractor joe surprised me last weekend by painting the grain building. He has even ordered some white metal roofing material. It will match the Men's Crisis Center on the right. No more gigantic holes in the roof where they used to dump the grain in. I have been painting white on the fence and  trim work. This is the building I hang quilts on to take their picture. It will be a nice storage building again. I am so excited about this.


6 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

yays all around! the quilt is adorable.

Elaine M said...

Love how you put the blocks and letters together. Very sweet! It will be nice to get the roof on before winter.

Sharon said...

This is so cute! You did a great job putting this together. Super use of a left-over block! You sure wouldn't think "leftover" when you see this quilt!

The building looks good, all fresh and spiffy. And the roof will make it good as new! Good luck with the painting. I like painting - it makes everything look so good! It's an instant gratification thing for me!

Vesuviusmama said...

That will look great in the school. And that storage building will look wonderful with a white roof. Looking good at the Tractor Place.

Carol E. said...

Love the little quilt! now I'm taking closer looks at your fabrics. :-)

Browndirtcottage said...

Well, I'm just completely jealous of your red barns!!!

What a sweet little back to school quilt!!! The kids will just love it I'm sure and want you to make them each one of their own!! HA! I bet you hope not!!
I think you should do one for each quarter of the school year!!

Wow, I just can't believe summer is almost over and all the kiddos are back in school.....wah, and you too, but I'm glad you have a job!!