I sewed these blocks up today. They are the split stars I won last year at Block Lotto. It will go to our friend Dave. He was here looking at it so far. He was so excited about it. He wants it set with blue and yellow. Solids. No prints.
And...
He plans on shopping for this fabric himself.
If he gets to Mason City.
These are my low volume hearts. I have the makings for more, but haven't sewn on them. So five so far. I think they are light enough.
Then.....
This is another quilt thanks to block lotto. The block is hot cross plaids. It came back from the quilters and the binding is on already. It was too windy today to try and get a picture of all of it. That will be a goal for the week, take a picture.
I had to think. I know I have worked on other things, and then I remembered...
the backing for Easy Street. One big nine patch. Backing and top are in the car already.
I can give it to my quilters sister at school. Very handy system.
4 comments:
Wow! You've been a busy quilter. I love it all.
I love the hearts... Love the pale colors. And Dave's quilt will be awesome. What size will it be? And I need to see the finished quilt of the plaids. :) It looks really pretty, too!
You GO Dave!!! Nothing better than a quilt recipient
getting involved!! Shows you how much he really likes it!!!
Yes, I would consider you hearts as 'low volume', they are pretty!!
Block. Lotto. Is. Our. Friend.
Have you figured out a way to sew from the recliner??
Wow, good for you! You've gotten so much accomplished...you make me feel like a slacker. Oh wait, I WAS slacking! hee hee!
So cool that Dave wants to be involved in making his quilt! I think the blues and yellows will look good.
I love your L.V. hearts. They look light enough to me...very sweet!
I can't wait to see the all-over picture of the plaid quilt. I LOVE those plaid blocks! I was sorry I didn't win that one.
So, what's up with the recliner?? Inquiring minds....
(I hope you're not sick!)
Post a Comment