Thursday, May 2, 2013

wet and heavy snow fall......


Lots of snow over night. It was heavy enough to break a large branch off of this tree out front. At least it fell into the yard and not on the driveway. Clean up can wait a little bit.


It is pretty, in spite of the date today. May 2nd. Thought we were done with snow days. But, no, here I am at home.  


We didn't have much wind, so it piled up on the windmill. Can't say for sure if it was lack of wind or so much snow that made it stop turning. 


As I walked around taking pictures, the snow was as high as my boot.
When I came in I measured it.
9 inches. Wow.
Amazing. I think it is time to sew some flying geese for Block Lotto.
I didn't win any birds this month. So I could also make more birds.
I am thankful we have power!



4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

So sorry about all that snow - but it DOES make for beautiful photos!

Karen H said...

Days like this remind me of the line in the movie Field of Dreams - "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow.....it IS pretty. So peaceful and still and calm looking! LOVE how the red building looks covered and surrounded with the white.

We had a hard freeze last night.....wah.....I had some Irises and Peonies that were about to bloom! Darn! Will it NEVER stop with the cold weather already???

So glad your 'hillbilly' power company could keep you up and running!

Carol E. said...

Gorgeous snow pictures. Our last big storm was so beautiful afterwards, too. it was almost hard to complain. But now that it's into May... I am willing to be done with winter!! We had snow today, but later it turned to rain and all the snow went away.