Saturday, March 22, 2014

slow but sure.....


I finally cut the towel and sewed the flag sections to it.
Not sure when I did this, but I have been looking at it for awhile now.

I have thought about using selvages. Laid out what I had and thought it looked pretty cool.


Then I added some words to some of the plain strips....


And then everything just sat there with no real plan. More indecision.



My poor dog, Ozzy, got my attention one day. The winter has been so cold and long.
We never brought him in for a grooming. It was put off, thinking it would warm up a little AND THEN we could bring him in. It never ever warmed up. 
But enough was enough....we could stand it no longer.
He went in looking pretty shaggy and came out a new dog!


[kevin the quilter] is having a block drive for Quilts of Valor.
The blocks make an awesome and striking quilt.
(the colors used are gold, red, white, and blue)
I sewed up my five rather quickly and then packaged them up without even taking a photo of them. I want to make more. Maybe I will get a picture of those.

Yesterday I pulled out some of my tiny houses. 

I fell in love with the way these looked with the quilt so far. 

Nothing is sewn yet. It may sit a bit more until I decide what to do exactly.

The house blocks are based on the house pattern here.







7 comments:

TLC said...

I like the way you added the words and the houses are my pick for the tea towel.
Looking for spring...............

Karen H said...

I love the words on the selvedges. What a clever idea! :) This tea towel quilt is going to be great. You need something that screams "Iowa". Can you paper piece some corn? Or I could give you some of my corn fabric. Ozzie looks like a new dog! Lots of fun stuff.

Browndirtcottage said...

So far, so good!! Really like the stars and stripes!
One can never go wrong with the good ole stars and stripes!

Your selvage idea is w-a-y good too. Let me know if you go that route and need more selvages, I have a bag I will send to you, and I'm with Karen, some paper pieced ears of corn around somewhere would be fun…..or maybe one big tall stalk on one side going from bottom to top….yow…..yow, I like that!!!

I CAN NOT believe that is the same dog!!!! ha!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love love love the little houses with the stars and scrappy stripes . . .

sophie said...

I love so much about all those elements--the tea towel in the middle of the flag elements says "heartland" to me.

Tanya said...

Thanks for the house link. Ozzy really does look like a different dog!! I hope he doesn't catch cold.

Carol E. said...

Is the dog with the red bandana the SAME DOG that is pictured on the right?? I would never guess..

My tea towel is almost done, but has been neglected while I've been running back and forth to see my mom in the hospital, and then getting quilts ready for my guild's show at the very last minute... tea towel was going to go in the show, but it didn't get done. It is still waiting patiently.