I started making things for my Iowa tea towel.
Corn and beans block
road to heaven block
USA flag
and some birds....
but I didn't love it all together.
So this project sat most of February while I pondered.
Then Sophie extended the deadlines!
Yes, more time to figure this out.
One of the challenges is....use a new technique, something you haven't done before. My brain did a backup (beep beep beep) to things I haven't tried before.
Using a tea towel is new to me, but I didn't think that would count.
I may have a new plan!
The latest block lotto blocks are green!
I already have my quota.
5 comments:
I love what you have for the tea towel challenge so far - such neat blocks! And your block lotto blocks are looking good. I really like this March block.
I love what you have going for your tea towel so far, too! I don't consider astrology for much more than entertainment, but maybe that retrograde Mercury IS responsible for so many of us getting stuck in our processes for the tea towel challenge.
As for including something new, remember, the guidelines are only suggestions and also that your something new could be part of the quilting/binding of the quilt, too. Try a new thread? Try a new quilting design? Try a new variation/technique for binding ... I wouldn't worry about it and I'll bet that you'll realize you DID do something new.
Hey there……my first thought on your tea towel top….are you going to put any words…I guess there are words in the tea towel so that might not be needed….I was just thinking' out loud.
I know you will be brilliant and figure it all out. I will be anxious to see, especially to see what you try that you've never done before.
I see you are in the minus and we are having freezing rain pellets…..what a Sunday.
I too like what you have for your tea towel challenge so far. And I wondered about some words too? But I know those can get real big real fast. I would say, keep going! I know whatever you do will be great!
Your BL blocks look good too. I haven't even checked out the directions yet.
Hi, I was blog hopping and saw you are from Iowa. I live in SW Iowa about 45 miles from the Nebraska border. I saw your cow quilt in Des Moines last fall and loved it. The whole display was fantastic. I laughed out loud at some of them. The Corn and Beans blocks are perfect for Iowa.
Patty
Post a Comment