Monday, May 12, 2014

fun things made over the weekend.....


Blocks for Lotto. These sewed up faster than I thought they would.


Words from one of the t-shirts that were too short and too wide to fit anywhere. I put them on a bath towel instead. I think Amanda will get a kick out of it.


I always have a bag of colored pencils on the bus so kids can draw. 
One little 5 year old boy drew this. I am not sure what it is. 
But he was intense as he worked and colored.

I asked him if I could make a pillow from it.
He wanted to know how I could make a pillow with the paper.
I told him I would use fabric. 
I had no plan at that point so the drawing hung on my fridge for a few weeks.


I had all this t-shirt fabric laying about. I was even wondering what to do with it. 
A sane person might just toss it.

Then it struck me where I could use it.......

I have seen these plush toys made from kid drawing and thought it was pretty cool.

That's what I did here. 
I feel his legs are too skinny, but I love his hair.





 I hope he likes it.



9 comments:

sophie said...

What a great softie. I LOVE the hair. I'll bet the artist is going to be blown away when you show him what you made.

Browndirtcottage said...

Ha ha ha ha….I LOVE your softie AND I think his legs are a perfect contrast to his big fat arms!! I hope he goes crazy over it!!

Great idea on the towel too!

I plan on paper piecing my Block Lotto blocks. Printed out the papers a few days ago and washed my fat quarters. I just haven't stopped long enough to make them.

Looks like you had a fun sewing weekend!!

Roxanne said...

I hope he likes it too--it's adorable!

Karen H said...

I almost went to bed without commenting! I am hoping to get to these block lotto blocks before the month is over. I probably need to get some blue fabric, too. Yours turned out great. And I love the little robot guy. So cute.

Ginny said...

Very cool stuffed guy you made there!

Quiltdivajulie said...

He will LOVE it!!!!!!

TLC said...

You're too cool with the little guy! Love the towel idea too.

roadtrip*treasures said...

You just amaze me how creative you are! Love what you made from the paper drawing !

Michelle said...

I'm sure he'll LOVE it!