Sunday, June 8, 2014

sewing and painting.....


We were at an auction a while back. Sometimes things of less desire are bundled with other things that are desired. These towels were the undesired thing. Tractor joe didn't even know he had bought them. When we were at home, 
I looked at our tickets, one said, "towels" hmmm...
What towels?
Where are the towels? He didn't know. 
So we went back to see if they were still sitting there.
They were already in the dumpster! They were pulled out to take home for rags.

Then I thought a bit more.
What if I cut them up and sewed them back together?
Some were cut across, some were cut the length.
Poor birds lost their heads. Oh well.

I ended up with 9 blocks.


Which became a tablecloth out back. The machine quilting didn't go so well.
I tell myself it just adds to the charm of it.

I started putting together the April blocks I won at Block Lotto.


This is for tractor joe's brother. It seems rather bright for a guy, but we decided to stick with the plan and give it to him. 

A couple weeks ago, Karen and I got together to make wall art.


We were cutting out of magazines and and old dictionary for the flower petals.


She had a bathroom rug to coordinate with.


Mine still aren't hung up. 











8 comments:

Karen H said...

I love that tablecloth. And it looks perfect with your colorful chairs! I like what you have done with the block lotto blocks. Very clever! :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!!

Tanya said...

Great way to use your towels! I never would have thought of that... Towels? I guess if it is fabric it can be made into a quilt!

TLC said...

You are so creative!

Browndirtcottage said...

Of course I like EVERYTHING! That little calendar summer tablecloth turned out great! The red binding adds to the colorfulness you already have going on out there in your patio/yard area.

Do you want me to run up and help you get your canvas art hung?

Sharon said...

I love all your fun stuff! I think the tablecloth came out really cute - nice and colorful. What a great idea that was! And once you wash it, you probably won't notice the less-than-perfect quilting. Which looks fine to me, anyway!

The Block Lotto blocks look great! I like how you're setting them together. I'm sure your BIL will love the quilt!

Your artwork is very fun. And get them hung up soon - they're too cute to languish! hee hee!

Can I come play at your house? You have fun toys to play with!

Clare said...

What a lovely tableclothand your wall art is stunning.

Roxanne said...

Nice tablecloth! Really love how you think and create!