The buffalo was put out. There was a Titonka sign on it too, but never took a picture....
Signs advertising the food ahead in Titonka....Ragbrai would be coming through
And then the thousands & thousands of riders arrived. I don't know who this is. As I was taking a picture he entered the shot. I told him he would be on the blog. I was garbage patrol. Emptying the garbage cans as they filled.
There are always stragglers. When it was "over" and I was walking home,
I went by Dave's shop. He had a whole little party going with this group.
I did not ask or look at what was under the skirts.
I finished this bag! I had started it Monday and there it sat till I could get back to it.
It is made from old decorator fabric samples.
The pattern has a side pocket that I left off. There is a zippered pocket on the end.
I went simple and just added two slip in pockets on each end.
They will be good for adding all that last minute stuff I forgot to pack!
Over all the bag is 20 inches wide, and 12 x 12 inches on the ends.
Nice and roomy.
4 comments:
The buffalo cut-out was a hit with the bikers. It turned out great! And I love your bag. I think I need to make another one. I will make one using up some of these fat quarters I have. Good job on the garbage patrol! I think I'd rather have that job than being stuck inside the food building.
Love the bag ... and the buffalo cutout, too.
Ha Ha…..you and that buffalo are crazy good!!! You did a super job painting it!!
I would have like to have been there to see all the bikers as they came through. Wow, what a fun thing to be coming through ones town.
As for your bag, it looks pretty fancy. It looks almost as complicated as making a quilt. Yes, I have made numerous bags and purses in my day and I don't think I will be making any more! I'm just glad you finally got some sewing in!
I blogged too….
The bag is great! Looks like there is plenty of room for everything. Great job.
Post a Comment