Sunday, March 15, 2015

there must be something to blog about.....


I went through pictures on my phone to figure out what I have been doing and working on...
Yesterday was pi day, 3-14-15. If you found a puzzle cache, you would get a fun souvenir badge for your geocaching profile. So while out about yesterday, we found a few. My favorite one had you shine a flashlight into a hole in the box. Numbers appeared on a mirror and these were used to open a lock so you could sign the logbook. 
I also found a dead raccoon. Ick. No logbook to sign with that.


March BLOCK LOTTO blocks! 

I have figured out what I am going to do with the sunrise blocks I won last summer!


I want to make a large sun for the center. Using what Sophie said and did [HERE]
I started making a pattern...and that is as far as I got.


At least I know what I will be doing, It will be fun when I actually do it!


I tried machine quilting. I just eyeballed it, so my curves aren't uniform. My question is....what is the best way to mark the lines for nice uniform stitching?









7 comments:

Karen H said...

You have been productive! I really do love the flower blocks for Block Lotto. I need to make some of those! Love what you are doing with the sunrise blocks - so creative! And if you hear of a good way to mark lines for quilting, let me know!

Ginny said...

I like your flower blocks for Block Lotto. I was a bit daunted by the fusing, and I didn't have any of that material on hand, so I haven't done any blocks for this month yet.
I have marked quilts with Crayola washable magic markers using templates. You have to read the instructions on the package follow them....I think you have to wash it out in cold water? No heat?
Anyway, the advantage is that the marks are very distinct and do not brush away, like chalk. Something to look into, anyway. I had good luck with it, but it was awhile ago.

sophie said...

I love the idea of a giant sun with our rising sun blocks and it looks like you are well on your way.
I would use a compass (with a quilt-marking pencil) to mark those curves ... or use them as an excuse to try ruler work (no marking needed, but you would probably have to invest in a new foot for your machine and an appropriately curved ruler designed for ruler work).

julieQ said...

Love your sunrise blocks!! Glorious!!

Tanya said...

Your curved quilting lines look just fine. I don't think they need to be any more uniform!

Roxanne said...

There was a line out the door of our local pie shop last Saturday--for pi day! My husband couldn't believe that was the reason--I say, any excuse for pie is good enough for me. Wow, I think your curved quilting looks good too and only your first try!

Browndirtcottage said...

I think you had good things to post about. I was thinking about your sunrise blocks just the other day and then here you are being oh so clever and creating your own pattern! Woo Hoo!!! Curved quilting too!
Scary!