My cousin Max has me sucked into the Row by Row Experience. The Winnebago is from The Quilted Forest in Forest City where they make the motorhomes. When they gave me the pattern, I was in a hurry and only half listened to what I was being told about Row by Row.
Then Max was sending me photos of kits she was finding. When I finally investigated and saw done quilts with all the rows, I fell in love with them.
Max has been on road trips collecting them and it has been one for her, one for me. We were looking for fishing/camping themes. There is one way up in northern Minnesota that had the words
Land of sky blue waters.
I ended up just making the words for the quilt.
Then I talked to my cousin Gwen, in New Mexico. she is right across the border from Durango, CO and sent me these two kits....
Now she was sucked in. She had to go up to Idaho and was happily collecting kits and patterns along the way. She has gotten her brother and son involved too. When all is said and done,
I should have two quilts. The out west one and the fishing/camping midwest one.
These are blocks from a win at Block Lotto a LONG time ago. They are finally in a top!
More lotto blocks. Most of these are duds I won at the lotto... and some leftovers from other quilts.
My goal was to get them all up to 12 inch sized blocks. They are a nice stack of blocks now.
More left over sections from last fall and the Bonnie Hunter mystery. My heart still wasn't in it.
There must be another way to use these....
Maybe as a border for baby animals. Still not sure...
Another finished top. I had plans to make more stars, but quickly became bored making them. They are made from 2 1/2 inch strips. The rest of the strips became the border.
Another top added to the "get quilted" pile.
That is enough for now!
10 comments:
So far, I have avoided the vortex...not sucked into the row by row...but you are tempting me girl!! I always love to see what you are doing...thank you for a beautiful quilty post!!
You certainly have some beautiful duds and leftovers. Of course, your magic touch makes them even better. I have avoided the Row by Row... but I'll be happy to watch what you turn out.
Your row by row's are looking good..... I really love the bears, and the land of sky blue waters. That one sounds like it needs a beer row..... I wonder if any of the quilt shops have a beer row? :)
I, too, am avoiding the row by row ... Your various projects are wonderful. Love the "my heart was nit in it" phrase!
NOT (not nit) - sigh
Wow, so many great quilts! I hope you'll post the block lotto ones to that site, if you haven't already as everyone would love to see them!
Also can't wait to see your row-by-row quilts. I've never made one, but it's such a fun idea.
Loving your row by rows. I am sucked in as well. Will look through what I have and see if any would help. I just got back from another trip, and picked up at least a dozen rows. The ones you have are way neat. Have fun!!
After reading your post, I feel better about getting sucked in to the Row By Row too. Hopefully my kits will not marinate for a few years... LOL Great projects! You must be one of the luckiest block lotto players. I think the quilt karma Gods know that they're going to a good home where the will be assembled into a beautiful quilt.
School is back in session three weeks from tomorrow...I'm not ready to go back. I just want to stitch and knit!
I collect the Row by Row patterns when I get to shops but I don't buy the kits. My cousin was visiting and I took her to the four shops in this general area. She ended up buying kits for each row AND she bought me one beach one that I do like and wouldn't have bought. Wish I was close to that shop that had the motorhome in their row! Cool!!!
Loving your rows; the bears are sweet and the rocks and fish in the water....made to go together. You needs some moose and pine trees, etc. but I know this year's Rows are water-related.
Marsha-QuilterinMotion
These Row by Rows are really cute and fun! To show you how "out of the loop" I've been, I had to Google the Row by Row to see what it was………sigh……I so hate being un-informed…..
This was an extremely colorful post. I enjoyed it!
Post a Comment