Last year Turning Twenty had free star blocks for a new pattern coming out. I started mine and near the end fell behind. They sat in a box. I pulled them out and wanted to just finish this up the easiest way I could think of. I would turn the 6 inch blocks into 12 inch blocks.
Here are four of the small star blocks turned into 12 inch blocks.
I bought some gray yesterday to use for the sashing and borders.
These blocks are "dud" block lotto blocks.
There was a drawing many years ago that I won.
I turned all the blocks into 12 inch blocks here too. Sometimes I added a frame, sometimes I cut them apart and used them as a frame and sometimes I cut them apart diagonally.
I forgot how much I loved these blocks until I pulled them out of the drawer. I picked the green because I love it and had enough.
My memories quilt started so many years ago! Some call it Legos. Now a top. I could add borders. Not sure if I will. I like thinking of it as done.
This one went to the quilter yesterday. I had a ton of fat quarters that I wondered why I bought. Well, they were on sale....that's why. But they just sat there. It felt so good to put them to good use!
This morning I pulled out my blocks for Judy Martin's shadow star quilt.
I made ONE block and had to take a break. They are so taxing on my brain. Twice I had to get out the seam ripper.
I love the block, but dreams of getting enough done for a top evaporated as reality set in. This is a long term project for me.
6 comments:
Omigosh - what a LOAD of scrappy wonderfulness today. How grand to see your lego Memories quilt with those awesome little geese bits!! I would not border it - it is perfect just the way it is.
I remember when you started the lego quilt and put in those little geese--they add such a spark! All your tops are looking really good!
You've been busy! There is so much to see and love here! Everything is looking good.
I love the way you up-sized the too-small blocks - very clever! The Duds quilt came out great. You seem to have a knack for up sizing blocks that I need to learn! I ADORE your Lego quilt - those flying geese really get to me! They are so fun and add a great zing to the quilt.
Awesome work, J!
I found you via Taniwa who asked to user a paining of yours with a tree and coloured background as a quilt block - I am asking the same - but mine is only for personal use so I hope you will be fine with that.
at a quick glance I can see I love your quilts so I will be back...often
Cheers (as we say in Australia)
I love all of these!! Oh, goodness. your Legos is wonderful! Love the stars and the duds and the everything. Pineapples, bless your heart. Wow!
Hello Joe,
First you make beautiful quilts, thank you for that.
I have been looking through several years of your blog, because I was looking for the end of the lego lands quilts.
I am in love with that one, special because of the flying geese in them.
This is definitely one I am going to make.
Thank you very much for this idea.
Warm regrads from Holland,
Marga
Post a Comment