Tuesday, July 11, 2017

something new started...


I fell in love with this pattern the minute I saw it. 
It wasn't on the radar of projects to start, but here I am starting another long term quilt.
I read through the book and decided that I would start with my least favorite blocks.
Paper piecing. Ugh....


I did 2 a day last week. I timed one and it took me an hour. That is just the sewing part. There is also the step of removing the paper from the back.
I need 8 more. I'll keep plugging away. I took my smallest chunks, and strips and cut them up. I went an 1/8 inch bigger and that seems to be working well for me.

The following stars are from Piece 'n Play 
by Judy Martin

 

This quilt is a stack of blocks again. I'm not sure how many more blocks I need.
Back to sewing the pineapple blocks!



5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great scrappy quilt - double UGH on the PP pineapples! Love the way that quilt is photographed on that gorgeous cover! Happy piecing.

Dorothy said...

Is there a pattern for the "double stars"? I am amazed at the amount of people doing Long Time Gone----Your pineapples are beautiful

Roxanne said...

Wowie zowie! Look at those beautiful pineapple blocks! So smart to start with least favorite (and quite numerous too). Your shadow star blocks really look good, I like the asymmetrical set!

Carol E. said...

You have a bunch of posts! Yay, you're back! I love your stuff.. the shadow stars are so cool. I can imagine them being a pain, though. I'm impressed you have that many made. I love the cute sheep quilt for the baby! Love your purples. Love the quilts in the tent. Keep writing, please.

Browndirtcottage said...

I LOVE these 2 blocks/tops!! A pineapple quilt has always been on my list, but it may be a while. After I made my log cabin the two are very similar AND just as time consuming.