Monday, August 20, 2018

summer catch up.....


My temperature quilt from 2016 and finished this year for the quilt show. I was picked for the featured quilter! Wow! What to bring? Mike Ellingsen makes a smile box slide show of all the quilts in the special exhibits. There are always a ton more quilts to see at the show!
I'll share the links.


smilebox of my quilts

smilebox of Block Exchange and Navajo Code Talkers


During the show, I sat and made letters. I just about finished the whole alphabet. W is missing yet. I'm thinking an alphabet baby quilt right now.

I met my first blogging friend, in person, at the show! Carol came down from the cities to see the show.


Do we look nervous! We were! While we have communicated for years....we always had the computers between us!

Here is the link to her post about it.... giraffedreams.blogspotl

A HUGE part of the summer was taken up with babysitting Luke and once in awhile Zander came too. 

Luke

Zander

School starts this week. Back to work. What a drag.






6 comments:

Vesuviusmama said...

I loved, Loved, LOVED the Smilebox show of your quilts! Some oldies but goodies in there that I had forgotten all about! (Jurassic Park and Geocache quilt, to name a few favorites). Thanks for sharing. This is my last week of summer vacation before a week of meetings (UGH!), then a week of orientation as the kids come back (boarding school), and then classes start for real on September 7. This has been a WONDERFUL summer for me - I've packed in so much fun with family and friends, but also sewing and knitting. I'm looking forward to a great year, and I don't want to wish my days away, but I'm already excited about NEXT summer! I hope you manage to post again before too much time passes. How fun that you met an online friend! I've met a handful (from WV, SD, PA and Canada), and we always have so much fun together. Best of luck as you return to work!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats Julie for being the featured quilter! I had a good time watching the Smilebox showcase of your quilts. Have to go to PT now but I'll be back to watch the other presentations later today. SO glad you met Carol - I know what you mean about getting shy IRL after being blogging buddies for a long time. I was that way when I met a couple of people. (and it was a big smile-producer to see Make Life Simple in the mix of your quilts!)

Carol E. said...

I feel sad that I was the first blogger you ever met, and then I was all Ms. Awkward. It's usually fun! Don't give up on meeting online pals! (I blame the fact that my hubby was there. Somehow his presence changed my usual dynamic. Don't tell!) Anyway, it WAS fun for me to meet you and see your gorgeous quilts. I love your work!! Luke and Zander are SO CUTE. Sorry you have to go back to work. This used to be the sad time of year for me, too. Now it's fun!

Tanya said...

I was just telling someone I needed to get back to making Wonky Letters. They are such fun to make but use a bit of brain power... your colors are wonderful as usual!

Mariella said...

Hey, I have to say your quilts are all just fabulous and you being a featured quilter, well that is so so brilliant!!!

I have met people thru the internet (2 to be exact) and it was fun but yes I tend to be shy so I don't think it is such a strange thing.

Your babies are just too cute! They must be very fun! The second fellers looks a character!

Great to see your work on your blog. Thanks for sharing!

Sharon said...

Congrats on being the Featured Quilter at your show! Very well deserved!! I really enjoyed the Smilebox of all your quilts. I had forgotten a few of my favorites (Geocaching, Jurassic Park). They are still incredible quilts!

And good for you for demoing the wonky letters at the show. They are fun to do, but they take "braining", don't they? I want to get back to doing some.

I hope you had happy holidays, and I wish you a wonderful New Year!