Sunday, August 4, 2019

Summer things...

 All is well here. I’m starting more quilts. Just what I need, more projects!
This Moonstruck pattern is from 1998 in American Patchwork and Quilting. 
There were many false starts and changes for who I would make this for. I finally have a plan!

 The center stars sections are done. I found my cow fabric when I wasn’t even looking for it. I’ll use it for the appliqué cow jumping over the moon.
These are called postage blocks. They require one solid and scrappy leftover 1 1/2 inch squares. It is an 8 inch block 

I recently found a ton of leftover triangles from a previous quilt. To make them bigger I paired them up. They are the roof part. There were lots of rectangles too. They don’t finish very big. I’m aiming for a baby quilt. My small log cabin blocks have grown. 
We are also getting our electricity poles and wires switched around. Instead of 4 poles, we are down to one. It feels so open and kinda weird. But we are liking it. 



3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

So good to see your post today - I am also getting squares cut to make some postage stamp blocks. Love that cow and the moon design.

Roxanne said...

Glad to hear all is well with you! AND nice to see all your new projects! I’ve been smitten by that postage stamp quilt too but haven’t given in yet. It would be a long term project— but then mine usually are. lol.

Karen H said...

You have got a lot of sewing done this summer. I love the postage stamp blocks. I see them in my future. It's nice that you can sew a bit while Luke is there, too. :) Beautiful stuff!