Friday, July 1, 2011

happy birthday Karen.....

Karen turns 50 on July 4th. I made her a wall quilt.
We are going shopping tonight and I will give it to her then. Right about the same time this will publish.

The majority of the sheets I have came from Karen. She is busy working on her own sheet quilt too.
The words are stamped with paint. 

I am also in the middle of a doll quilt...


I am using dry sheets to make the string blocks.
& then there are the 9-patch blocks....


I'll start sewing these up just as they are. 
I think I will be done with sheet sewing for a while. I am looking forward to working with plain old cotton again!


4 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

soooo cute!!!! fabulous little quilt!

Browndirtcottage said...

Lucky Lucky Karen!!! Ya'll have fun!!!

Sharon said...

What a good friend you are! Cute quilt - I think she'll love it! I like those crazy butterflies/dragonflies. And do I see that you used sheets for the background? Very clever!

Vesuviusmama said...

What a fantastic gift!!!