Seems like forever since I was last posting.
My sister asked me to make a "blue baby quilt" for a friend of hers. She didn't care what I did, she trusted me to come up with something.
Using this technique... (8 at a time)....I made blue HST's for all the points.
I wanted to make some bears paw blocks for the quilt. Doing them this way REALLY made it all quite painless.
The 9 patches are randomly sewn 1 1/2 inch squares. As I sew other things, they get put through the machine. I emptied the drawer they were stored in. But there is still a box on the desk full of squares. Eventually there will be more 9 patches that finish at 3 inches, in theory anyway.
The HST's finish at 1 1/2 inches. I think the starting squares were cut at 4 3/4 inches.
My sister asked me to make a "blue baby quilt" for a friend of hers. She didn't care what I did, she trusted me to come up with something.
Using this technique... (8 at a time)....I made blue HST's for all the points.
I wanted to make some bears paw blocks for the quilt. Doing them this way REALLY made it all quite painless.
The 9 patches are randomly sewn 1 1/2 inch squares. As I sew other things, they get put through the machine. I emptied the drawer they were stored in. But there is still a box on the desk full of squares. Eventually there will be more 9 patches that finish at 3 inches, in theory anyway.
The HST's finish at 1 1/2 inches. I think the starting squares were cut at 4 3/4 inches.
Crispy brought home his art project from school today. I was so excited to see it! I was squealing in delight!
OMG, I LOVE it. I needed to find the camera right away and take a picture.
Then I had to ask....who is it?
He says, "if you were a fan of Weezer, you would know who this is."
It is Rivers Cuomo. oh, of course.
It is already hanging up in his room.
8 comments:
Love the blocks... can't wait to see more of them! And Crispy looks so thrilled to to have his picture taken..... but his art project is really neat!
Neat baby quilt and Crispy is a great artist! Artist like his Mom!
Well, I have heard of Weezer, but I don't know what they look like? BUT, that is a great painting! He's very talented. He obviously gets artistic talent from you.. those blocks for the baby quilt are gorgeous. What a great way to use up scraps, I just love scrappy things, and this one is particularly colorful and beautiful!
Oooh, I love your scrappy bear paws!
Wow, you've been busy...workin' like a little 'elf'!! I always loved the bear paw block....I don't think I've seen it with the 9 patches in them before...I.LIKE.
Ok...and I.REALLY.LIKE. Crispy's painting....this dude has got some talent! Yes, I'm standing back....studying it...giving some deep thought to it! I think it has an Andy Warhol-ish feel to it. It's modern....it's intense and I'm REALLY diggin' the glasses!!!!
Your bear paw quilt is going to be gorgeous! Do you know how you are going to sash it? Can't wait to see it finished!
I also love your son's painting. So glad you posted it!
Thanks for the idea of something new to do with all my small squares. I didn't know how to make the 8 HSTs at a time, either, so thanks for that. Love the art project, but I'll admit that I didn't know who it was either.
omg it is so awesome He has Talent like his mother
Post a Comment