Thursday, August 6, 2009

home today


I don't need to travel today. What a relief. It takes 1 1/2 hours to get to class, so thats three hours on the road and then we lengthened each day so the last class (on the 17th) is shorter. I was so tired last night.....
So maybe I will get some sewing in.
There are things I want done by the 15th.
BUT.....While it is all fresh in my mind I do want to get some of the homework done.
Some can't be done until school starts.... Everyday I went by this sign. It is in West Bend.....I always stopped here for a bathroom break and a sausage/egg sandwich, kinda like a Sausage McMuffin. There is also a cache at the Grotto, so I was able to find that too.
Before I left Pocahontas yesterday, I made sure to stop at the quilt shop there. I bought a bunch of fat quarters. I always need lights and the colors were in the "red X" boxes....they were discounted! The dark, dark one is actually red.

Then I needed to water at home. While out doing that.... I took this picture. Some were a gift from the big guy for Mother's Day a few years ago, others I just bought from the clearence bin.
The first year was SO-SO,
the second year a deer? maybe ate the top of EVERY plant. No flowers.
But this years they were left alone and there are tons of blooms....and several new shoots growing.
I am going to go start my day at home....yippie!!!!!

1 comment:

Browndirtcottage said...

Shopping and flowers....I.like.
Now....I hope you're staying busy today....??????