Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I was going to wear that shirt!!

Another quilt by Karen......


Karen's newest quilt was back from the quilters.



We needed to get a picture of it.....



It was a warm windy and sunny day....



This was a learning experience.....the sun was glaring or the wind was snapping it all over.....





....so the photos aren't the best.



I tried laying on the ground and just shooting up as the poor quilt was being whipped up.We have a little bit of detail here.







The quilt is made of old shirts. A lot of them are her husbands old, worn work shirts. There are even some old shirts from her mom in it. . Lots of variety and color. In person it is beautiful. You just want to snuggle up with it. Our pictures here don't do it justice. The colors are probably closest to the real thing in the last picture.



When her husband, the shop keeper, saw it all finished....he said



"HEY, I was going to wear that shirt!"............He is such a card.






No comments: