Friday, November 27, 2009

old old thing......

This quilt has to be over 10 years old....I don't remember working on it in this house and we have lived here that long.

I'm not even that crazy about it....but I always thought I had worked on it when my cousin was visiting, so it was sorta special that way....could be wrong....she can correct me.

Anyway, I had tried machine quilting it many moons ago....and it
looked HORRIBLE...really,it did, I was disgusted by it
...but I would hang it up anyway.

I always thought that someday I would take out the machine quilting and redo it better.
Today was that someday!!
....I didn't remove the binding, just the quilting.
Then I went over it with the wavy stitch, it went pretty well,
and I like it a whole lot better now. It is hanging outside the backdoor in the breezeway.
(it's on the dog kennel for it's picture)

I asked the Big Guy, when he arrived home from work, what he thought of the quilt on the back door and he said...
"what quilt?"
oh well, I see it going in and out.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I don't remember working on this one with you, but I really like it! I'm so old I can't remember anything so we probably had a really good time working on it!

joe tulips said...

It was Gwen's pattern. Must have got it ready when when she was here and made it after she was gone.