We went online to look for ideas & found one. He and tractor joe went to cut it out.
I kept saying I can't believe we are doing this again.... I thought we were done with pinewood cars.
James kept saying, "I am sorry for being a burden." It didn't help that tractor joe kept saying, "this is such a burden." James picked out his paint and went to work on the car, he thought a police car would be fun and cool to make.
I dug out scrapbooking letter stickers & he put them on when the paint was dry.
The wheels will be put on right before the derby...they will apply some glossy fixative when they get home to Yuma with it. This really was fun to work on even though we thought we were done with cub scout derby cars.It was our best effort yet, for looks anyway.
We have never built a fast one. We did get the Hard Luck trophy one year! (last place) So we even tried to make slow cars on purpose, Crispy decided that a trophy is a trophy...... but we discovered that is also a very hard thing to do.
I forgot about the 3-year old preschool class. They too would be exchanging valentines today. I had nothing for them. I was only thinking about the 4-year old class the day I bought valentines.
I had to give them some homemade ones..... Last night we had garlic bread with supper....
(1) I used that box and made tags with it. I got 8 total, but only needed 6.
(2) I painted them with white, then a shimmery pink paint.
(3) I punched a bunch of hearts out of paper and attached them with mod podge.
(4) Stamped a swirly design on the front.
(5) Added their names with foam sticker letters that I have had for a long time, but never use.
(6) Taped a Tootsie-pop to the back of it.
4 comments:
oh, they turned out so cute! You are so creative! :)
The tags are great...I love Modge Podge.
Micki
Wow! What a fantastic loving teacher!!! Hand made valentines with Tootsie-pops! I live it! I also love than the three year old preschool class has only 6 kids in it...The kindergarten I teach at has 32 kids in one class!!!!! It is a complete madhouse. I have asked that they divide the class into two for me but even so 16 three year olds are too many!!!!
What a great looking car - even if you thought you were done with them forever!
Post a Comment