To log a webcam cache you need help. Someone, somewhere, has to be on a computer to capture your picture for logging the find. We called Gwen first. For what ever reason she couldn't see the webcam on her computer. She tried several things and nothing was working.....we hung up and I called Karen.
She was not at home! She was in out getting Charlie (her dog) groomed.
oh noooo.....
We called our nephew Kyle. He couldn't see us either.
The whole time our parking meter is ticking down.
tick tick tick
and the parking ticket police are out and about
(they were sitting there watching us put our money in the meter when we got there)
We put in another quarter for another 30 minutes and called Gwen back.
She was on a different computer and she could see us now!!!
YIPPIE! she captured a photo of us and we started to walk away.
"OH OH!"
The picture disappeared....she thought she had it saved, but it was no where to be found.
"You will have to go back so I can do it again."
By this time tractor joe had lost all patience for this nonsense. He already had 50 cents invested in this cache and he didn't want a ticket if the meter ran out. So he went to watch the meter.
There I was, all alone, holding up my sign and talking to Gwen...
I kept telling her I was ready for my close up....
"but aren't you both going to be in it?"
Ummm....I don't think so.
She was able to get two pictures!
I was back to the car with 3 minutes to spare on the parking meter.
this is the link to geocaching.com...ISU webcam page This is now one of my favorite caches of all time. A little challenge is always good.

3 comments:
I had never heard of that! We do Letter boxing with handmade rubber stamp and comment left in log books but don't have GPS thingy so never got into geocache. My daughter has tried a few...will have to see if there are any of these in MN.
Too cool......hey my sister use to live in Ames when her husband was in charge of the ROTC program. How many years ago was that.......lets see my nephew was in jr. high and is now...42.......yeah a while ago......they loved it there.
I think we have more snow here!
Happy Sewing
Love your sign! I think getting help from another person is the HARDEST part of a webcam cache!
Post a Comment