Wednesday, June 6, 2012

schoolhouse blocks


Yesterday, I finished 9 school house blocks to enter in this month's block lotto.
I thought I was done sewing for the week. I was getting ready to go camping and was busy gathering and packing. 

Except, this morning I started thinking....I had extra roof pieces and a pile of scraps sitting there staring at me.



And I wondered, 
what would multi-colored scrappy houses look like?

So, instead of packing, I was sewing.




Now I know what different colors look like.....


And what they look like mixed in with my incorrect red ones.
I like it.

Now I better go work on packing and finish sweeping the kitchen floor. I walked away from that when the fabric called. 
I will put these in a drawer, and cover up any other fabric scraps. 
That way any calls from fabric will be muffled and I won't hear it.



6 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Woop woop! These are just tooooo darn cute! My plan is to make some too! I have my instructions all ready there by my machine.
Oh and your colorful ones, I.WUNT.SUM.TOO.

Remember to pack some band-aids, just in case you cut your finger with the scissors while doing all those paper crafty crafts!!

Ginny said...

These are great! I will thank you when I win! (Oppps...I said that last month! Well I can always hope!)
I need to plan a group baby quilt for a friend and think I may use this pattern. What do you think? If was made is pastels? Aunt Gracie fabrics? Tell me if you think I'm nuts.

Sharon said...

These are so cute! I'm hoping to get some made too. I love little houses.

Your blocks remind me of what a neighborhood would look like with some liberated quilters living there, mixed in with the unsuspecting traditional quilters! hahaha!

Have a great camping trip! Toast a marshmallow for me!

Karen H said...

the houses turned out cute. I may need to make some. Well, maybe not right now, too many other projects in the works! Have a fun time!

Tanya said...

Who would have thought! Those scrappy houses are fantastic! Why do I have all these scraps and have made those red houses before and never put the two together?

Tonya Ricucci said...

really fun all together!