Monday, October 8, 2012

good grief, it is October.....


On Saturday, Karen and I went to the Quilt Show in Des Moines. By the end of the day we were tired, cranky, and walking around with sore feet and knees. Neither of us bought much.


Karen was the crankiest. She kept fighting with her GPS. If it were me....I would have thrown it to the back of the van. We were only going to Ames and we know how to do that from Des Moines.

We stopped to have supper with Crispy in Ames. I haven't seen him since August! 
We went to the first restaurant, Hickory Park.
There would be a wait of at least a half hour.
Oh my, did we really need to wait....should we go somewhere else?
Crispy said he was for leaving.
That left Karen mumbling and grumbling
 as we walked back to the car, 
on our sore feet and aching knees.....
 "it doesn't matter where we go. we will have to wait a half hour!"
Luckily, we were seated right away at Old Chicago.
Then we dropped Crispy off at his dorm. He was ready to go do what ever college boys do on a Saturday night. 


We teased a lot of the machine dealers, 
stopping at every one of them to check them out.
We heard all about the "show deals that will never be seen again."
I did warn the one gal..."now don't get all excited, we really are just looking."


I bought this sweet little kit. I am normally NOT a button person. I don't like touching those white buttons that are on so many clothes. But these buttons were cute!


There is some hand stitching involved, but I think I can do it!

Oh oh, Karen read this. I forgot to add...
 that in spite of how tired we were....
we were also very very happy campers. Karen is the best driver in the world. We are looking forward to next year!







5 comments:

Karen H said...

I wasn't that cranky! :) It was a good day. I can't wait to see that little kit all made up. I might just have to get one next year!

Brown Dirt Cottage said...

You girls are too funny.

hhhmmmm, I just realized.....you all didn't invite ME to go.....

I can be fun and cranky too!

Tonya Ricucci said...

but how was the show????? fun fabric - I have skulls done in a similar manner.

Vesuviusmama said...

What an adorable mini! I bet I could whip that up in a day!

Vesuviusmama said...

I started this mini already. What fun!