Sunday, October 21, 2012

nothing finished yet.....


We lost electricity this morning. It gave me a chance to take pictures of what isn't getting done around here. I ran out of pure white thread. Haven't gone shopping to buy more yet.
I was just inches from the edge of the Zig-zag doll quilt.

With the lights out, I could have worked on some hand stitching.

But no, I didn't, this little mini quilt is still sitting there. 
I went out to pull dead flowers and put things inside the shed for the winter. 

*************************************

So, the other night, I was texting with Crispy.
He will be here for his birthday in a few weeks and he sent me a picture....


He wants his birthday cake decorated like this one.

I answered...oh, you want a peekachoo cake! 
and started thinking about cake decorating.

lost in my own little world

then...

I hear the chiming sound from my phone...



another text from Crispy!



Hmmmm..... 
Why, I think he was yelling at me.

This is what Pikachu looks like...

And this is what Charmander looks like....


You can see why I might be confused with the two of them.

Now I need to find all my cake decorating stuff, so I can make my
(soon to be 19 year old)
a fire breathing Charmander cake.










5 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Uh DUH Julie! Anyone can see one has ears and rosy red cheeks and the other one doesn't!!!! HA!

You page size quilt is sooooo sweet! The stitching looks really good!!

Ahhh yes, the ole 'the electricty is out' syndrome. Yes, I know it well!!

Ginny said...

That's very funny about the cake. My sons used to be SO into those Pokeman characters too---but thank goodness they've either forgotten them by now, or just figured I could never decorated a cake with one on it so they wouldn't dream of requesting such a thing.
All I can say is: Good Luck!!!

Mary said...

Cute! How easily we can be pulled away from what we should do, and do what we want to do! Love it.

Sharon said...

OMG, parents can be SO out of the loop! hee hee! I'm so out of the loop I've never even heard of a charmander!

Your projects look like fun. Pulling dead flowers...not so much. Have fun with whatever you want to do!

Vesuviusmama said...

If it is any consolation, I didn't know what either one was, and I have a 10 and a 7 year old...