I started some zig zag blocks. They seem to be popping up all over.
I used the directions from (here at therootconnection blog)
Seemed simple enough,
A blocks and B blocks.
It wasn't simple for me though.
I was always confused. Way to much thinking going on.
I wasn't loving them, wasn't even sure I liked them.
I was easily distracted.
Wondering off to find other things to occupy my mind.
New shoes! Now these I love.
Karen's dog Charlie was here. We were babysitting him.
The sky sure is pretty.
The roofing material arrived. The new roof is going on!
So as I am wondering around and thinking.
It occurred to me.
What was supposed to be a baby quilt, could be downsized to a doll size quilt.
I counted blocks and made what I needed to finish this zig-zag quilt.
My trusty notes, right there to look at and make sure the block was going together correctly.
A finished top!! I made the blocks 6 inches. So this is 30 x30 inches.
I still don't think I love it, but I do like it enough that I can't wait to start quilting it.
It will be a Christmas present.
I want to make a couple little pillows to go with it!
7 comments:
Love the fun fabric you used to make this sweet quilt. Very lovely. The 6" blocks must be super cute. Your new shoes reflect some of the colors you used.
I've done that with some quilts too...if it isn't fun than make it smaller!
This will be a cute quilt. I am wondering if I need to try this zig zag too? Right now it sounds like too much thinking. Charlie was tired..... all he did was sleep after we got home. And I love the shoes - where did you get them?? :)
I'm planning a zig zag - scrappy of course. I'm a tad concerned about the planning-stuff. Time will tell!
Great shoes!
Well, what's the deal Lucille???
I understand the A & B blocks, but don't understand why you don't like it! It's w-a-y cute ya know!! Your fabrics are bright and soooo cool!
But, I do agree if your not happy with a project you should 'nip it in the bud' pretty quick!! A little doll quilt is a good idea!!! Somebody is going to have a really nice little Christmas present!!!
Seems I've been distracted lately too!
Love the quilt, totally understand the not-liking certain processes. That's why I switched from a big colorwash to individual squares.
Love the pic of your shoes and the flowers.
I like the zig zag quilt---it's really cute. Are zig zag quilts popular now? I haven't seen them, but I like yours.
Post a Comment