I was finally able to give my sister Jill her quilt. It was at the quilters all summer.
I brought it home one day and put binding on the next.
That is some kind of record for me.
I tried to put some personalized fabrics in it....
cows
math teacher
slot machines/gambling
geocaching, signal the frog
coffee
and kitties
I love this quilt, getting this one done makes me want to go sew some more blocks and make another one like it!
The pattern for this quilt is (here) at Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!
Instead, I am working on zig zag blocks, A and B ones,
and SO confusing to me!
13 comments:
Makes me want to get back to my scrappy tatw quilt - I still only have 3 blocks done...yours looks great!
Ahh.. Very pretty quilt! And why does it remind me of something... Hey, I'm making that same quilt up in my sewing room! I'd forgotten... Of course mine won't have all the personal touches that yours has... It's going to the Ronald McDonald House (SOMEDAY!) Seeing yours reminds me to get back to my own.
Wonderful quilt for your sister. Nice, bright and love the cows. I have a pile of fabric for the zig zags but have not started.
Ohh, I love your quilt too. So colorful. And love the personalized touch with some of the fabrics. :) xo
I love love love it!! This is on my to-do list, for sure. Did she love it? I sure hope so.
WOW, this quilt is AMAZING !! It's in my to-do list now !!! I love all the personal touches you added !!!
Wow, this looks great! The personal touches are what make the quilt so fun to look at. I'm sure your sister will love it!
I just got my Halloween TATW quilt back from the quilter, and it's ready to put the binding on. So, you beat me! Good for you. :)
This turned out great. It makes me want to make one, and use this layout. I'm sure she loved it! You should have taken a picture of her with the quilt. :)
Love this quilt, you may have inspired me to go to my stash and get working!
I have got to work up the nerve to start one of those. The green one I did earlier this year came out just fine, but I worry about getting enough colors and having them all scattered happily through the quilt.
Yours is gorgeous!
turned out fabulous, it's beautiful. love how you put meaningful fabric in there. okay, you have to explain the geocaching reference to me. signaling the frog????
OOOOOOOhhhhh yes, Love it!! I like how you did away with the defined dark rows like we did the ones for block lotto. Gives a whole different look and brightens it up!!
Wish mine were quilted and finished like yours....I guess that is my fault.....right?
(my computer was messed up AGAIN...got it to working though....I guess it is my fault too I haven't decided on a new one yet!!!)
yes seeing this makes me want to make yet another 'Many Scrappy Trips' quilt.....and I've made a few.......but there is something hypnotic about this design! Yours or your sister's is especially lovely!
Post a Comment