We had to go to Fort Dodge yesterday. While there, we hit a bunch of the local thrift shops.
Our last warm day before this newest COLD snap hit.
I have sewn some. But it has been so long now, I don't remember how many blocks are done. They are piled on the ironing board. Maybe today I will get back at these.
I also am wasting time with games.
Draw Something.
My brother in law sent this one. He can draw very very well. I earn coins for guessing correctly. Then I can get more bombs or more colors.
After I guess, I pick a word and send it back. Then he guesses.
Back and forth. A real time killer and battery draining game.
Addicting would describe it.
We helped middle son move to a new home. I love his kitchen.
It is better than mine....
more counter space
a dishwasher
and a floor with no holes in the linoleum.
anyway....
His great grandfather built the house in 1955 when he retired from farming. It was then sold to another retiring couple back in the 80's.
They lived there until recently. Not much wear and tear on it.
He loves it and is very happy with it. Tractor joe likes the fact it was his grandpa's and spent a long time going down memory lane with his brothers when they were there checking it out.
and then more wasted time....
More pictures and more guessing and more drawing.
There is some quote...time spent doing what you love is not wasted...or something like that.
9 comments:
Your Easy Street is looking real good! The one block I showed onmy blog is actually wrong! I can't even look at pictures and get it right!
How cool to be moving into a place that was once in the family! Easy Street is looking good!
I love your colors in the Easy Street blocks. The game sounds very addicting and FUN! Sounds like your son has a very special house.
Easy Street.....looks good!!
Drawing & Guessing.....too funny!
Middle Son's House......COOL!!
Trip to Fort Dodge....Jealous!!
Your Easy Street blocks are looking good. I need to get busy on mine! I will work on them this week. The thrift store in Clear Lake has the same name as the one in Ft Dodge.... and one of these days I need a tour of grandpa's house!
Love that kitchen, and I love that your son is in GG-father's home. That already feels snuggly and comforting to me! (and who am I??)
Your Easy Street looks wonderful. Nice contrast in the constant with the golden yellows. I need to work on mine, I got side tracked this month. How fun to move into GGF home. We had the same kitchen floor in blues and grays.
So great that he was able to get the house back into the family!! Love it! I also love your blocks, have seen them around, and love the colors you picked for yours. :) Have fun draining that battery. ;)
Easy Street is looking great! I really like your colors. That yellow/orange really gives it some zing!
How cool that your son is in his GGF's house! Nice kitchen, nice layout. I remember that flooring from back in the day. LOL
Nice way to kill some time with the game! Sometimes ya just gotta play silly games. It's good for your brain, you know. Wow, I just gave you your justification! hahaha!
Post a Comment