Monday, April 29, 2013

one loved green, one loved orange....


I am not sure of the year this was made. 
It is from a pattern in the Aug. 1996 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting,
called Stars Ablaze.
So it was after that, but before he (the middle son) graduated in 2006
That really narrows it down.
He had a Dreamcast video console. He picked this lime green fabric because of the swirl design, it reminded him of the game system. They must have had a swirl logo or something.


I also made this quilt twice. 
The other one was orange and white. 
It went to the niece who also has Orange Crush.


I texted her and she sent pictures of her orange quilts right away.


There was no date on this one either.

But on the back of this one....

...it says, Orange Crush 2009. Cool.

And the weather is still quite warm, if not hot.










6 comments:

Karen M said...

I love seeing your quilts. Isn't it amazing how it becomes impossible to remember when they were made if they aren't dated? Lesson re-learned. Thanks for sharing.

Karen H said...

wow, I don't remember the green one. I remember the story behind it, but not the actual quilt. It is beautiful! Makes me want to find stuff I made before I blogged!

TLC said...

LOVE GREEN! The orange is pretty cool too.

Mariella said...

Oh great quilts!!!

Elaine M said...

Great quilts. Orange crush has warm rich colors. It must be interesting to look back on these quilts after making Jurassic Park, Beach Babes (?), etc. and see the direction quilting has taken you.

Browndirtcottage said...

Woo Hoo....soooo lovin' going down your quilty memory lane!! Now WHO doesn't like Orange......the green and orange ones are cool!!!

I guess it helps now that we blog and can look up when our quilts were made.....but.....I still haven't put labels on mine even though I know I will be sorry if I don't!